Thursday, July 18, 2013

Epic Fail!

Well, my willpower could not withstand the stress of returning from a two week vacation involving a cross country road trip with two kids, house cleaning for company, and an office party with people I don't know.  I ate...and I ate poorly.  Well, actually, I didn't make any messes or drop any food on my clothes -- I made bad choices (My English teacher friends are probably unfriending me on FB right now).  Ugh and double ugh!  Once I got started, I just didn't stop.  Notice I didn't say "couldn't stop".  We all know I could have stopped.  I just didn't.

I did eat some of the Southwest Turkey meatballs (Yum!!), but didn't have time for the sauce.  I didn't have time to make any of the other foods I mentioned in my last post...yet.

So today is a day of mentally beating myself up - gotta stop that!  I'm trying to make it as much of a protein shake/liquid diet day as I can to help combat the expected upward momentum of the scale.

2 comments:

  1. Don't let it derail you! I have a terrible time on weekends. So now on Friday I put a sign on my fridge that says, "do you want what's in here more than you want to be skinny?" It works! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the support! It is very appreciated!! Ironically, I think I have a harder time when the kids are at school and hubby is at work. Much easier to cheat. I plan on countering that by keeping as much of "that" stuff out of my house. I like your sign! I need to make one for myself!

    ReplyDelete