Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Bad Habits and the Office Party

I'm having a hard time shrugging off some of those bad habits that got me here in the first place:
-eating too fast
-eating past "full"
-snacking
-making poor choices

We were on vacation for the past two weeks.  Crazy, I know.  I got banded on the 14th and had a pretty easy time of it.  No throwing up, very little nausea, etc.   I've been lucky post-op, too.  While on vacation, we would often find ourselves out around meal times.  I was having trouble staying satisfied with a small yogurt, etc., so I'd try to eat from the menu.  I did eat smaller portions, but sometimes had to choose foods beyond my stage (i.e. liquid, mushy).  I never had a bad reaction, but I haven't lost all that much.

Yesterday was my birthday.  I got on the scale and was pleased, but I gave in to the cookies and brownies someone brought over.  I shouldn't have done it, but I stepped on the scale again this morning.  Up 2 lbs.  Blech.

Tomorrow is my husband's office party at OUR house.  Ugh and double ugh!  I have a couple of recipes I'm going to try to put together for ME.  JUST ME.

Cloud bread (not sure why I think I need it for tomorrow, but I've been wanting to make this for weeks!)
Southwest Turkey meatballs with dipping sauce
Tzatiki sauce
Sweet potato chips

No comments:

Post a Comment